Monday, September 14, 2009

What's New With Us?

Just a few new things to note around our household here....

Caleb has started kindergarten!! He was VERY excited to go - maybe even more so about being able to take the bus there (for a whole 5 minute drive in the morning!!). He had a great first day last week - and was enthusiastic today again for round 2!

On Caleb's days at school - Anna is the oldest child at home, and I'm pretty sure enjoys having the house to herself (besides Sara and I anyway!). She's taken quite a liking to books lately, just sitting quietly on her own and paging thru the pictures - hopefully we have another bookworm here, what a great way to spend their time!

Esther enjoyed a "fun-day" at her baseball park this past Saturday - they received their trophies (2nd place! ok...albeit there were only 2 teams...but she was quite impressed with the trophy none-the-less!). Esther also now has glasses - and is pretty excited about wearing them for the first time to school today. She picked out the frames herself, and we think she did a pretty good job with the style she chose.

Sara continues to grow - she's over 10 pounds now already and is filling in her cheeks quite nicely!

Just a "fun" picture of Anna today - enjoying a batch of grapes that she got out herself from the fridge...I'm pretty sure she couldn't fit anymore in the bowl!!

Oh - and I thought I'd post a t-shirt that Caleb got for his birthday from my parents....although Caleb doesn't understand it (he just likes the colour of the shirt) - we all think it's pretty funny in light of the fact that prior to Sara being born, he was convinced that he would be moving out if we had another girl....thankfully he's ok with Sara (and quite smitten with her now too) - and good thing he got a little tractor for his birthday - so no trading needed!

2 comments:

LV said...

Oh Laura your kids are definitely growing up! Caleb going to school, Esther with her glasses (they look good btw), Anna getting herself snacks, and Sara is definitely filling out! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis, I thought I would crack and check this thing out for myself! Mom said Esther got glasses and I couldnt wait to see them. I have to say you do have some seriously cute kids! Is Sara 10 lbs already?? Time is flying.
Talk to u soon!!