Just a little letter to say thank you for a number of reasons. First off, you kept my kids very entertained for a few hours the other day as you cut down our tree!
I will not miss the carpenter ants that made their home in this tree (and looked for food in our house!).
I will miss the leaves in the autumn season that the kids enjoyed jumping in....
But won't miss the big branches that came down with every storm - thankfully nothing was ever damaged!
Who ever thought demolition work would be so cool for a 3 and 5 year old!
It kept them from fighting with each other, and instead talking with each other about how cool the crane and the chainsaws were.
And they didn't even ask for t.v. or computer time either...this was just way to interesting!
I think I also enjoyed the fact that you did this so efficiently and safely.
And most of all...
We didn't have to hire and pay someone to do it for us!
So thank you for your time and effort taken to cut down our tree, it was very much appreciated.
Sincerely,
Laura
3 comments:
Neat post - although I admit I didnt realize that tree caused you much trouble - i thought it was a great shade tree.
How did you manage to get them to do it???
Joyce
Ok, NOW I know what tree you are talking about! Your yard looks so empty now!!! Glad the city did it for you, what a huge job!
Karen Vdl
Hey Joyce - Alvar called and they sent someone from the city to scope it out - got a note in the mailbox saying that they would cut it down for us. We had only just realized over the past year that this tree was home to the ants...glad it's done now - but it will be missed!
Post a Comment