Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mmm...Pablum!

I'm not a very good "let my kids get dirty" kind of Mom. I don't mind the occasional dirt playing or once in a while painting - but overall - I'm not a big fan of mess!
*
So, with that being said, I'm not sure what I was thinking yesterday when I let Sara feed herself some pablum. I think I was just getting frustrated cause she's not a huge fan of it and therefore doesn't eat it very well - but she still needs it - and I didn't know what else to do.
*
To keep myself distracted I took pictures - that way I wouldn't sit there getting more and more stressed that the mess was getting bigger and bigger as the seconds rolled by! (I know, I know - pathetic eh!!)
Proud as a peacock here - even though she hasn't got the slightest idea of what I've just gave her permission to do!
Spoon?? What's that for? Hands work just fine thanks!
It's squishable!!
Sara did manage to get a couple spoonfuls in.
Love her expression here - talk about determination!!
Even the bowl tasted good!
Time to mess things up a bit!

Good mouthful here!
Just love the feeling of pablum between the fingers!
Pretty much emptied the bowl here...so I guess maybe it was worth it a bit ;)
*
Overall she did quite well - there could have been pablum in the hair, in the ears, up the nose - but Sara kept it fairly contained for me ;) Maybe she saw me sweating and ready to pass out in front of her and therefore kept her Mom somewhat sane!!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Love it Laura and you got some really nice photos too!!