Wednesday, October 24, 2012

We Interrupt Our Regular Programming for this Special Announcement...

We all have our "blond" moments - usually little things that don't really affect anyone but ourselves.  It's the big ones that reach out to our family and friends that we'll remember and be reminded of for a very long time!!
Lucky me, I decided that it would be one of those bigger episodes this morning.
I think we've all forgotten our keys at some point - but, really, when prepared properly, it's no big deal when the spare is safely tucked away in it's "secret spot". 
Except that the last time the keys were forgotten, the spare key was put on my key chain (with all intentions of being put back properly "soon" so that I'd be prepared for the next episode) - then put in my purse - now still sitting in the house - behind locked doors.
So, there I sat this morning, in the garage with my 4 kids ready to go to school - but completely stuck.  No keys, no cell phone to call anyone, all doors and windows tightly locked.
Thankfully my neighbour was still home (she left for an appointment 5 minutes after I used her phone!).  I called Alvar at work (did you know that you can turn red in the face even when talking on the phone?) and admitted my "blond moment" to him - asked him to come home so I could get into the house.  Then I had to get the phone number for my very good friend Karen (I should know that number - but alas...my memory was failing in this stressful situation - I was happy enough that I remembered Alvar's cell number at work!!). Karen was willing to pick up my kids to bring them to school AND call the school (again, a number I should know, but nope...not today!) to report my "moment" to the secretary as the reason why my kids were going to be late today.
**sigh**
I hope the rest of the day moves forward in the brain usage today - I think I need a vacation!!
 

1 comment:

Laura said...

OH NO!! I think we've all had days like that :( Glad to hear everything turned out ok.

Happy to see you're back :)