Alvar had the opportunity to go to Brazil for a week. He has been on the Board of Missions for quite some time now, and was hoping at some point to be one of the privileged ones to go and visit. His opportunity came as the Church in Brazil had requested institution - Alvar would be there at the Synod to give words of encouragement and thankfulness to God for bringing the Church there to this point!
It would be almost 24 hours of travelling to get there...3 flights and lots of layovers! He left Friday morning, and didn' arrive till Saturday...what a long trip! There were not a lot of pictures for his first day (I think Alvar might have been a little sleep deprived!!)...but he did manage to get a quick shot of one of his roommates...
Do you see him in this pic....below is a little closer...
I have to say that seeing this before sleeping would not help me sleep at all...it would be a week of waking up in a sweat every hour worried that either it would eat me or I might have unintentionally eaten it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment