Monday, September 29, 2008

Boring

Boring: causing weariness, restlessness, or lack of interest (I wish this blog wasn't so boring; I keep falling asleep whenever I try to read it;)

Synonyms: drab, dreary, dry, dull, flat, heavy, humdrum, jading, leaden, monotonous, pedestrian, ponderous, stodgy, stuffy, stupid, tame, tedious, tiresome, tiring, unanimated, uninteresting, wearisome, weary, wearying

Related Words: undramatic, unentertaining, uneventful, unexciting, uninspiring, unnewsworthy, unrewarding, unsatisfying, unsensational, unspectacular; annoying, bothersome, irksome, irritating; drudging, palling; draining, enervating, exhausting, fatiguing, wearing; debilitating, enfeebling; demoralizing, discouraging, disheartening, dispiriting; common, commonplace, ordinary, stale, unexceptional; lumbering, plodding, slow

You ever have that? A few weeks go by and there's nothing new to talk about, your kids haven't done any new funny or cute things, no great photo-shoots to show off....you know...just "blaw".
Now, it's not that things haven't been good of course - there's really nothing to complain about either! Life has just been moving along at a good pace - back into the regular grindstones of life. Esther is LOVING school - which is such a blessing for us as parents! Caleb and Anna are back into getting up on time (and me too unfortunately) and we are busy at home (and out of the home!) with stuff around the house, Book Clubs, Library Story Times, babysitting and visiting friends here and there.

So even though there hasn't been a whole lot of excitement around here, we are still here, just not many blog-worthy things to talk about! At least things are good...and for that we can most definitely be thankful!

2 comments:

Laura said...

That's funny that you write that. I was just thinking the exact same thing!! Nothing noteworthy to blog about...

Danielle said...

I'm having a "blah" day today... maybe it's the weather... but i can sympathize with the "boring" feeling, despite everything having changed in my life the last few weeks!