Well, I thought I should let you all know that my black eye is doing fabulously :)
It came right off Friday night already with a little piece of cotton and some water. No actual black eye...just the make up :) Guess I did a good enough job applying the make-up - I even received a couple phone calls about the blog post making sure I was ok!
I needed a black eye for GEMS meeting(a girls' club in our church). I was leading devotions with the girls and came to our meeting this way, and nice big shiner! Lots of whispering and lots of "what happened to you!" came my way that evening. But in my devotion I was portraying someone who was hurt with words - and the black eye was to show how even though words aren't physical - the results of unkind words can be just as hurtful. I think the point was driven home quite well - a good reminder for the younger generation - and even for us "oldies" too :)
"Reckless words pierce like a sword,
but the tongue of the wise brings healing."
but the tongue of the wise brings healing."
Proverbs 12:18
1 comment:
Well you certainly had me fooled. I was certainly wondering how you got a black eye like that! :)
Post a Comment