Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Was it Even Nicer Today?

 I think today was even more beautiful then yesterday!  So we took full advantage and headed out to Cherry Hill in Burlington.
 Our welcome gate
 This sweet uprooted tree made for a great back-drop for pictures
Sara did come with us ;)  She's on my back (she walked the whole way back to the van) 
 Lots of wildlife here - swans, geese, ducks, tons of birds, deer and a muskrat!
 Beautiful view from the boardwalk
Anna checking out the water
 Esther taking a turn walking Baxter
 Oh, now it's Caleb's turn
 The kids had a chance to feed the birds today too...a couple of them actually managed to have them land in their hands - how cool is that!
 The boardwalk goes directly through a marshy area - it's all dead and dry right now - looking forward to checking out this place in the summer and fall - I'm sure it's a totally different look!
 The sun was just awesome today!
 One lonely green tree amongst all the empty trees...not for long I'm sure
 And Anna's turn now - I think she walked Baxter the most today - I suppose we need a dog now?
 Esther and Sara enjoying some "sisterly" time
 Walking hand-in-hand down the boardwalk
Another swan
 One more stop in the cool tree before heading home
 Karen and I took this from the bottom of the hill - kids were on the top (big, long, steep hill that we had to climb up to get back to our van!!).
Sara was just loving the freedom of running around on her own - and not having a coat on!

2 comments:

LV said...

I should have met you there! I've been there only once before...

Anonymous said...

I had a great time hiking with my kids at Cherry Hill today. Thanks for the idea!
HT