Saturday, September 29, 2012

Niagara Cottage - Day 2

 Bacon, eggs, toast and lots of other goodies were on the menu for breakfast.  The kids enjoyed sitting at the breakfast bar together...
 Well, almost all of them anyway, Sara opted to stretch out her legs at the dining room table all by herself!
 Beautiful sunny morning
 Sandy bottom
 The kids even went swimming today!  I'm pretty sure my feet went numb as I walked around in the water, but the kids didn't seem to mind!
 Alexis practicing her gymnastics in the water (this girl can bend and stretch amazingly!)
 We headed out to Port Colbourne this afternoon to see the boat lock
 Sara hanging out on an anchor
 We actually saw a few boats going through...and not tiny ones either...great big cargo ships!
 Here comes another one!
 Up goes the road
 I would say there was maybe a foot on each side that the cargo ship had to work with going through the lock - some mighty good steering going on!
After our afternoon at the lock, the evening was spent relaxing, watching some tv, playing games and just socializing -ahhh....it's been a great weekend so far!

No comments: