Sunday, June 29, 2008

My Turn

Well, Laura has asked me to post today. Something about it being my turn since she is quite spent by all the posting she has done lately. Sure she has posted 20 entries while I have posted only 11 but really the 11 posts about Holland are all still just related to one topic right. That shouldn't really count as 11 posts should it? (As you can see we are having a playful argument tonight...) So now I sit here straining myself to blog about something while she sits over my sholder watching me and correcting the way I type shoulder, I didn't want to post anyway and now I have to do a good job at it too? Wives can be soo demanding. Oh, and now she thinks I am joking, and is daring me to post this... like I am going to these lengths for a joke?

So since this post should have some point to it, I will kindly ask you to help solve some mysteries for Laura. You see, she has been watching you. Keeping tabs on who is reading the blog. Everyday I come home and she is asking me who we know who lives in Ottawa, Pickering, or Montreal. I mean, I can't even get out my "Honey what's for dinner" and she is all over me on who is reading our blog. So I ask you to please let us know specifically if you are that person in Ottawa, Pickering and Montreal. Laura is really dying to know.

Well I think that counts as a post. Better go up now and see if I'm allowed in to bed.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I think there should at least have been a poem or a song included... an original Alvar invention... i'll wait patiently...

Steph said...

Sorry to burst your bubble Laura but there's a good chance you there's not anyone in those areas reading your blog. The blogcounter registers according to the company that provides the internet service. So those readers could be from Hamilton but their providers home base may be out of Montreal. For example when you are reading on peoples blog your techsavvy used to (dont' know if it still does since I seldom look at the counter locations anymore) comes up as Unknown ... I usually knew it was you just be the fact that their are few unknowns :)

Although the counter gives you a basic idea of where your readership is from, you can't count on it that much ... safer just to look at general country or province ... also looking at the providers gives you an indication too. Of course the only way you'll truly give it out is by knowing everyones IP Addresses ... somehow I doubt that will ever happen :) The only other way to put things together is when people leave a comment, you can go back to check the time that they left the comment to the time that you had someone log onto your counter and their Out Click will be to the Comments.

So you may have someone reading from those areas ... but there's just as good of a chance that they're just down the street from you :)

Happy blogging ... by the way I really enjoyed the Holland series! Was very nice, thanks for all the hard work you put into it :)