Well I have to admit, I never thought I would see the day. I can't remember the last time exactly but it had to be 4 years ago at least. That was the last time Laura set foot in a dentist office. It took a lot of work on my part and even more bravery from Laura but she has finally been to the dentist and had some work done.
It all started about 2 years ago when I started going to a new dentist and wanted to get Laura to go and get her checkup done. At that time Esther had only been once before and that was just for the "ride in the chair" visit. Esther was now at an age where she should start visiting regularly and I just figured Laura would also start and go with Esther. Well my nagging didn't do much so I finally just made an appointment for Esther and took her myself. A couple follow up visits with Esther and she was good. I learned quickly that trying to get Laura to go was risky. If I mentioned to her that she really should make an appointment for herself, well let's just say I pretty much got the silent treatment. I made an appointment for Caleb and took him on his first visit which I have blogged about earlier. I actually threatened Laura several times telling her I would make an appointment for her myself.
Well after trying to coax her into going on her own free will I decided to make her an appointment. She was actually more receptive to that than I expected and I don't think I was subjected to more than 5 minutes of silence. What a relief!! Now Laura has had her checkup and a couple hours of drilling and filling and she hasn't even cancelled her next visit yet. I think she has faced her fears... I am so proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment