Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"Randomness"

I'm not even sure that "randomness" is a word, but this best describes this post. Just random pictures of "little bits of everything" from our household!

Lately we've been having some amazing thunderstorms around here. I'm pretty sure we've had one almost every other day for the last couple weeks now! I love watching these storms (from inside) - watching the clouds form and begin to swirl - and the sheets of water raining down. The last storm we had was fairly local, and when I say local, I mean really local. We had about 4 downpours on Sunday, all of which including some hail (and not just little specks, this hail was the size of marbles!) - but, 10 minutes away at my parents house, they had none (this is quite often the case, I've come to the understanding that anything past Stone Church Road, heading South seems to have a totally different weather system - weird!). Below is a picture of the hail I collected (while being pelted fiercely on my back!) during one of the hail down pours.

Our cool kids (Anna's quite the diva here!).
Danielle and I participated in a "song and poetry" evening last weekend. We decided rather "spur of the moment" to do a Sound of Music 'diddy' together, a spoof really, as both of us are not on the "extremely" talented side of singing ;) All in all it was good fun, despite the butterflies in the stomach - it's good to get out and be a little crazy once and a while - keeps life on the lighter side!
Caleb has been enjoying a new morning routine lately - tea. He loves it and asks Alvar quite often for it (we haven't made him an addict yet...he only gets it a couple times a week at the most!) and enjoys sipping his morning caffeine fix ;)
This is what I walked into the other day with Caleb and Anna - they were giggling like crazy, having a great time just "hanging around" with each other!

Saturday mornings can sometimes be crazy with Alvar and I running here and there trying to get errands run and things done around the house and also spending time with the kids. But, if we are lucky, and the flyers have arrived late (meaning Saturday), it gives us a little "slow time" as it's one of our favourite things to browse thru (find all the good deals!)...ask any of our friends, we love finding deals!! I think that the kids have picked up on our love for flyers...as they joined Alvar quite enthusiatically on the couch last week....
Today is the last day of school for Esther and she is quite excited about it! It's not because she doesn't like school, I'm pretty sure there wasn't a day where she didn't "feel" like going there, but it looks like summer is going to be fairly busy - with a lot of the "busyness" revolved around her! In May we signed her up for soccer, which she is absolutely LOVING! It's fun to watch the kids run after that ball - most of the team in fact seems to be where ever that ball is! Actually, things seem to be improving as they are learning that soccer is in fact a "team" sport - and that there are benefits to helping each other out!

Well, that's it for now! Time to relax, school's done and there's no more pressure to get out of the house in time (well, maybe just for a beach day or something!!).

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Esther looks so professional - World Cup 2010 here we come!!! And i love the randomness of the pictures... nice to see an update... minus the lovely picture of two opera singers... we look pretty goofy! And Anna in sunglasses is hilarious!