Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Habits

Habits - we all have them. Some of them are life-long, some are only short-lived. Some of them are really good to have - while others are preferably short and forgotten nice and fast! Anna has picked up a new habit lately - and much to my dismay it's of the latter type. I guess it could be worse - but it's all about timing with this one. For example, this particular habit would be ok I guess, if done discreetly - I can understand the need to do it - I'll even admit that I've done it myself from time to time, as I'm sure many others have - just not in front of guests. I had a friend over the other day - we each took one end of the couch to sit on, leaving the middle empty. Well, Anna plunked herself down right in between us, proceeded to pull of her socks and remove that lovely toe-lint right in the middle of our conversation, leaving the lint pieces all over the couch. Ok, I'll admit I did chuckle a bit - but I do hope that this is a short-lived habit - or a habit we curb to more "discreet" times of the day!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Guess who else HAD that habit. Olivia. She did it everynight before she went to bed. It was kinda cute at first...then it was "stop already"...so she took to doing it behind chairs, sofas, underneath blankets. If she didn't have any she proceeded to pull of my socks to see if I had any..."I don't think so, sweetheart." The habit lasted from when she was 2yrs to about 5yrs. Thankgoodness the habit is done with...she's on to other ones (biting nails).
Have a good, snowy day, Karen

L.V. said...

Too funny Karen!! So I gotta be ready for the long-haul eh! Hilarious that she tried to do it for you too...if Anna gets anywhere near my feet...oh boy...there's gonna be trouble! (oh, and Esther's a nailbiter too...takes after her Mom unfortunately)
Laura :)