Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Little Glimpse

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139: 13-16
*
This passage has always meant a lot to me - especially over the past year and a half it has so much more meaning to me then ever before. It reminds again me that every single day of life has been ordained by God since before the beginning of time - and that's both inside and outside of the womb! What a blessing - what a beautiful promise He has given us!
*
Today we had a glimpse of God's handi-work. Alvar and I were able to have a peek at our little "Pipsqueak" (a very carefully name chosen by a good friend of mine!) - we were able to see him/her move around, stretch out the limbs a bit - and even see the heart beating. What an amazing thing to see - it never gets "repetitive" - no matter how many children you have! I am only 12 and a half weeks at this point (the ultra sound was for "dating" purposes only) and so I look forward to another one in about 8 weeks time :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are right Laura, it is always amazing isn't it, I loved it all 4 times, hope all is well with you. Talk to you soon.
Grace