On our way back from Niagara Falls to pick up the kids in Fergus - we came across a field full of ice. Now, ice is nothing special around here - especially in winter when it is definitely in abundance! But this ice made me ask Alvar to turn around so I could get a picture or two. The field was full of little shrubs - and was flooded a couple days before because of the mild weather. My guess is that the water drained very quickly leaving a layer of ice suspended on the shrubs. As I was taking the pictures (which I wish I had gotten a little closer for) I could hear tinking sounds, the ice was cracking and falling across the field. It was pretty neat - something I hadn't
1 comment:
That is really neat. I love how the cold gives us such beauty
Post a Comment