So what would you do with a little extra spare time?
A little extra blogging...maybe a few more pictures could be taken (to keep up on the picture a day for a bunch of us!), just think of the possibilities!
I'd like to do a review for the girls on the above picture:
Philips SatinPerfect Epilator
Never epilated your legs before? No worries...I hadn't either until I received this one in the mail. How did I get this in the mail? Well, I'm a BzzAgent - that means when there's a product a company is looking to promote they call on the bzzagents for help! All I need to do in return for testing their products (which is given to you for free) is to let my friends know about the product...offer coupons (and advice) and relay it back the the BzzAgent Website (and that means both good and bad reviews!).
So back to the epilator. To be honest, I was fairly terrified at the idea of using one of these machines on my legs...especially when I looked around online for tips on how to use the machine best - a lot of the advice columns talked about having a glass or wine or taking some tylenol for the pain. Hmm...pain is not on the top of my list to experience (4 kids is already enough experience in that department!), so I was a bit hesitant on trying it.
Well, it wasn't as bad as I expected - I was waiting for the most excruciating pain possible, so that probably helped! It was somewhat uncomfortable the first time, but the more often I used it, the easier and the less painful it became as well.
The Philips SatinPerfect Epilator comes with a massaging-head which gently massages the skin before the actual pulling occurs, plus it pulls the skin tight for optimum "pullage"!
Some key "tricks" to using the epilator:
*Take a hot shower or bath before epilating, it relaxes the skin and opens up the pores.
*Night time use is the best - your skin might be a bit irritated (little red spots), but you'll be spot free by morning!
*Epilate for several days in a row - that way you ensure every hair is removed - making for weeks of nice smooth legs!!
*Use an exfoliating sponge in your everyday showers to keep your pores open after you epilate to avoid ingrown hairs
*Clean the machine head after every use (detach and rinse under the tap) - and brush away any leftover hairs on the machine. It's really easy to keep clean!
Overall I give this product 4 out of 5 stars, a much better alternative to shaving, but it does require a bit of pain management in the beginning.
So let me know what you think - interested - or not!! And, if anyone is interested - I do have a few coupons left ($10 off the purchase of the epilator).

4 comments:
As i've said to you before when we discussed this device, I believe this is an inhumane torture device, designed by some evil person in an office who has come up with yet another "how do i make these women suffer more" idea...just saying
Hey, you been getting lots of stuff from Bzz lately? Somehow I got put on their backburner. There were a few offers last year that I skipped because I was just too busy, and one or two that I got to too late they had already filled their quota, guess they decided I wasn't interested in free stuff anymore ... obviously they don't know me :)
So while I'm not so sure epilating is something I'm interested in ... if it had been free I'd have given it a try ... I have updated my bzz file and am now ready to receive some freebies again ... bring them on!!!
By the way, do you do all that other frogpond stuff and that to get the honeycombs and higher status or are you still just a social bee??? I'm back at social since they neglected me all this time :( okay, I neglected them too, but thanks for reminding me of them! :)
Danielle - you'll never know unless you try it ;) It's not that bad anymore...I used it again 2 nights ago, and it was wwwaaayyy better!
Steph - once and a while I still get something, this is a good one (it's been a while since it's been worth it though), it was worth blogging about and getting the extra points on "mypoints" - I have enough now for a $50 giftcard for Home Depot...always handy for round the house stuff! As for the frogpond stuff, I don't bother at this point, not sure exactly how it works, maybe I should look into them more?
Well I'm not sure how worthwhile all the Frogpond and Bzzscape stuff is. I just had a look at it the other day to see what it's about. You have to do 3 frogponds a month to get your honeycomb ... it's quick and easy to do if you can find 3 that are not agent submitted ... i made the mistake of wasting my time on agent submitted ones only to find out they don't count. Or you can do 10 bzzscapes a month, haven't look at that one yet ... 10 sounds like too much. So I think I'll skip the honeycombs, but that means I won't be getting any higher then socialbee status ... sounds too much like work :) ah well, I still love my free Sonicare toothbrush! :)
Post a Comment