Friday, June 3, 2011

Alvar the Hun

I think in most marriages "pet names" are fairly common.  I rotate between a few for Alvar - "Hun" being the one I use the most (note the spelling).  Yesterday during an "MSN" conversation, Alvar made mention that I was writing the wrong one.  I suppose that being associated with a Hun is not the nicest thing (Alvar isn't a barbarian, doesn't shepherd cattle or sheep, isn't into wearing animal skins and he's not nomadic) - oops, I guess that it happens more often that we innocently use (or write) words that don't really have the meaning we thought they did!
So, I will change my writing to accommodate the proper pet name, "Hon" (short for Honey).

2 comments:

Laura said...

ha ha, I've been using the wrong spelling then too :)

Danielle said...

I'm permanently amused by the fact that your kids play "Hun" or "Hon" however you'd like to spell it... i think a fellow might like to be known as a soldier/fighter guy rather than a super sweet liquid???