So Alvar and I have been trying to go away for a night since Oct/Nov last year. Plans have been in place for our little getaway (babysitters, reservations etcetc) twice now, but as of yet, it has not been meant to be. We really enjoy these little vacations (ok, we've had one together, not much to go on, but we'll take what we can get!!) - just a breather away from the house and regular life - some time to spend with just the two of us is great. And, as much as we love the kids, I think they enjoy the time away from us as much as we do. We all feel refreshed when we get back, raring and ready to go!
Well, we hope to try again this weekend - all the plans are in place ,we have good friends of ours coming to our house to watch the kiddies - reservations have been made and I think we are all set to go. We got one of those packages - you know, hotel, dinner and a show etc. We look forward to a relaxing night at a hotel (pool, hot tub etc...oh, I can't wait!). The next evening we'll be going to "Medieval Times" for dinner and a show - then back home after that. That is, as long as I get better. It seems to be that as soon as the "two thumbs up" have been given, the "it's all clear ahead!" has been spoken - something comes up. Being sick seems to be topping the list lately (we never get sick around here!). So, I hope that whatever it is I have is done and over with soon - I have a busy couple days yet beforeFriday comes, maybe that will scare the sickness away to someone who really has the time to lay around in bed all day getting better!!
So, here's to the weekend - we hope...really really really hope!!
3 comments:
Oh, I do hope you get the chance to get away for a bit. It's always nice to get a bit of a break wihtout kids :) Hope your feeling better soon so you can go.
Love the picture of the kids, especially A, that's priceless!
and they're off... hopefully no snowstorms to foul up plans...
- the babysitter!!
So how was it? Hope you had a great time.
LO
Post a Comment