Monday, November 10, 2008

Movie Night

It seems when you start a blog people expect your to contribute to the contents once in a while. I on the other hand thought I would just start it and let Laura get into it and take over, but I've been getting the 3rd degree here about my lack of involvment so todays installment will be provided by me.

Since our new camera is much better at making video's I thought I would post some today. This also allowed me to compare the settings and find the best balance between quality and file size because as you can guess, the increased quality of the movies and pictures from our new camera have created the obvious side effect that the files sizes are now much much larger.

So here is Anna trying so hard to talk clearly and be understood. She is coming along quite well I have to say. I actually didn't film the first little chat she had with me which she started and in which she went beyond what these video's capture, but I managed to get a bit more out of her even with the camera strategically placed on my lap so she didn't think I was actually filming her... for some reason, kids really act up when you point a camera at them.

Here is Caleb taking a long time to eat his dessert, maybe because this is the 3rd chair he has moved to while picking at his dessert. In case you are wondering why he is not being supervised it's because today we had dessert after we finished supper and washed the 2 younger kids because it was to hot to have right after supper.

And finally Esther helping me test out with the different settings on the camera. It may look easy but we had to have the same conversation 3 or 4 times so that I could compare the same 16 seconds of video and audio to each other for quality and file size evaluation.

No spreadsheets where harmed in the making of these videos.

No comments: