I asked Esther how her day was at school, and if they had an assembly or something regarding Remembrance Day. She mentioned that they watched a video of a man singing a song about today - and that she started to cry during the song (she can be so sensitive! I do love this about her).
I find it interesting that although I (and obviously Esther too) haven't been personally affected by any wars in my life (and I mean personally as in loosing a loved one or having to say good-bye to a family member leaving for war etc.), that I become "teary-eyed" when I hear a veteran talking about his/her experiences during the war - or get a little "choked-up" during the moment of silence that we take on this day. I suppose the emotions we show could be a very small way of showing gratitude and that we are ever thankful for those who have given their lives to give us our freedom in our life today.
When Esther gave more detail about the song, I remember that Alvar's Mom sent it to us not so long ago from YouTube. So here it is...a good reminder to not forget - and to take the moment to pay our respects for those who gave their lives.
I find it interesting that although I (and obviously Esther too) haven't been personally affected by any wars in my life (and I mean personally as in loosing a loved one or having to say good-bye to a family member leaving for war etc.), that I become "teary-eyed" when I hear a veteran talking about his/her experiences during the war - or get a little "choked-up" during the moment of silence that we take on this day. I suppose the emotions we show could be a very small way of showing gratitude and that we are ever thankful for those who have given their lives to give us our freedom in our life today.
When Esther gave more detail about the song, I remember that Alvar's Mom sent it to us not so long ago from YouTube. So here it is...a good reminder to not forget - and to take the moment to pay our respects for those who gave their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment