As summer vacation approached, I really wanted to keep the kids busy this year. Both for my sanity and for theirs! Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy having the kids home, the lack of routine and the other stuff we get to do in the summer, but, if the kids are not kept busy, the "I'm bored" or "He's staring at me!!" or "She took my stuff" comments start coming out and I have to intervene way too much causing stress levels to rise and grumpy moods to creep in. So, one of my hopes of the summer is to go on a hike a week to various places. I will try my hardest to find free places (I really hate the idea of paying to enjoy nature!!) - and make sure that there are some neat things to see on the way.
Wednesday was our first hike, Tiffany Falls being the destination. Karen and some of her kids came with along and one of Esther's friends, Kelsie. It was a gorgeous day, perfect for hiking (not too hot) and the kids had a great time jumping from rock to rock, throwing stones in the water and seeing the waterfall.
Kids poking their heads thru the bridge...I thought the back side was kind of cute too ;)
Esther and Kelsie posing together
Nothing beats a hike thru "difficult" terrain :)
Splashing contests
Karen and I were there too...most often it's everyone except the picture-takers who make it to the blog...here's proof we didn't just send the kids off on their own ;)
Gorgeous sunlight coming thru the trees
Karen and Shawn
What's a hike without some spiders!!
We actually saw this deer a little later...not on the hike. I wanted to check out Canterbury Hills and see about some free parking around there - on our way thru the windy roads Anna spotted this deer about 20 feet off the road. We stopped, backed up and watched him eat for a bit - he didn't seem too worried about us being there, obviously used to the traffic coming by!
We are looking forward to many more hikes this summer - anyone want to join us?
No comments:
Post a Comment