Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Laurel Creek

Tuesday evening we enjoyed a taste of camping with Alvar's parents at Laurel Creek in Waterloo.
 The kids wasted no time digging for worms and other creepy crawlies.  I think from now on we give them a pail of dirt with the promise of a worm or two for their birthdays, they would seriously be happy about that!
 Sara practicing her throwing skills at the waterfront.  I could probably give her a bucket with stones for her birthday and she would be very happy with that! 
Sweet find!  Some kind of moth that looked just like dried up leaves.  We thought it was hurt, but soon after they kids had a chance to hold it, it revved up it's wings and flew away.
Just a moon shot - soon after we left the campground, we saw one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen!  Unfortunately I couldn't get a picture as it was behind us on our way home - but it was beautiful reminder of God's handiwork in creation!

No comments: