Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bayfront Walk

 We took advantage of the kids coming home early from school today by heading down to Bayfront park for a walk.  It was simply beautiful out - and I would have felt way too guilty had I not done something outside!  We came across a blue heron pretty much as soon as we got there.
 A fairly young one, and not too shy either!
 It felt great to bask in the sun during our walk!
 Esther managed to get a monarch on her finger - it was just hanging around - so we took advantage of him :)
 Not sure what this one will turn into - pretty now already none-the-less
 Prickly stems
 The kids seem to find the smalled things as we walk - it's great to have them with so I can observe so much more of the little stuff (with the camera of course!)
My mom joined us for the walk as well - the kids love having the extra company with (so do I)!

No comments: