Friday, October 21, 2011

The Next Day - Part 1

 We woke up to a beautiful morning - even some sunshine here and there!
 We did notice on the drive that there were a lot of cows...so...here they are :)  Just below the motel was a little herd - thankfully the wind was going the right way...so no cow smells :)
 We actually stopped in at another cave before our actual tour of Howes Caves.  These were called "Secret Caves".  The tour took about 45 minutes - and was quite wet!  It was much tighter in these caves, so I found we had more of a sense of being underground.  I'd like to sound all smart now, knowing exactly what kinds of formations are in each picture, but honestly, I can't remember (this is why I'd never be able to go back to school at my age!!).
 We were constantly watching our heads!
 Little pools of water
 Stalactites hanging down
 This was the kind of walkway we were on - stone bottom (nothing fancy like Howes Caves) and unfortunately we could see the wires everywhere for the lighting...oh well, we still enjoyed the tour!
 Apparently the only thing we could take home from the caves was the moss (bad for caves).
 Some really neat formations!
 The bottom half of this picture is actually a reflection of the top.  It was pretty cool...looked like a mini city or something of that sort!
 Back on top!  Just loved the scenery!
 Alvar posing for me.  He wanted me to let everyone know that it is MY coffee in his hands...I needed him to hold it for me while I took some pictures - he did not drink any coffee on our trip (just in case you thought I finally swayed him over to the coffee side...no such luck!!)
 Beautiful sunshine, but the wind was blowing and quite chilly!
 Loved the colours!
 Our room did not come with a table (I think to get the "big" room would have cost us close to an extra $100 a night!!).  So we had to improvise with our game of Bananagrams...pulled out a desk drawer and used the underside to play.
I'd just like to point out Alvar's awesome word here - Finalization - wow!!  Sweet word indeed!!

No comments: