At the end of the last day, the campers are presented with certificates that reflect back on what their counsellors have noticed about them during the week. This is definitely a high light for the kids as they are encouraged with the gifts they have been blessed with by God - and everyone gets to see it!
Here is Anna receiving her certificate from one of her counsellors
And here is her other counsellor. These young women (and all the other counsellors) just poured on the love for the girls in their cabin packs - showering them with hugs and smiles and love. What a blessing to see this at campfire! There are many kids that go who come the inner city in Hamilton who do not receive this kind of affection at home - what a way to show Christ's love to others through Campfire Bible Camp!
I really enjoyed my time at Campfire as cook - and hope to do it again - maybe I'll venture into a full week next time - I survived 3 days...what's 3 more?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment