Dear Blog Readers,
This is Esther here writing (Editor Note: she is dictating and mom is typing) about my week at Campfire! Bible Camp. Inbetween are pictures that I took during my week.
A picture of the main lodge window.
I’m not sure about which day we did stuff on, I forget, but I’ll mention a bunch of the things we did during the week.
This was my first time at Discovery Week, a whole week at Camp. The past 3 years I had gone to Sprouts, which was only 2 nights and 3 days. So this was way longer! Sprouts was good, but this was better!
Mostly what we had for breakfast everyday was cereal. One day we were allowed to go in for breakfast first because we were the “secret cabin pack”. This meant that we got to sit in the front picnic table, we got served first and we got presents from other cabin packs (sorry, I actually forget what the presents were, but it was fun). When the brown bandana bandits (another cabin pack) were the secret cabin pack, our cabin (“Red Red Roses”) gave them some of our points for keeping our cabin clean (we got 25 points which was called “tuck”, for our clean cabin).
Some yummy pudding with whipped cream for dessert one night!
Everyday we got a list of 4 things to choose from to do in the afternoons. Some of the things that we could choose were swimming/sand-castle building, critter hunting, canoeing, making bags, making hats and making boats. That’s all I remember right now.
One night we got to roast marshmallows by the campfire. We also got to throw a spoon of sugar into the campfire (but first we had to say something about Campfire! that we liked the most, and that we thanked God for). We got to sing songs at night and see “shows” from the staff – which was really really funny! Then it would be time for the younger cabin packs to go to bed (which was us!), which was not always fun. We didn’t sleep in a house, but in a log cabin! Our log cabin name was “Cedar”. It was pretty cool. I slept on the bottom bunk because I wanted to take a vacation from sleeping on the top bunk back at home!
Pet Bunny at Campfire!
On another day we went to Wasaga Beach instead of our normal little pond at Campfire! It was pretty cool because I got 3 partners. One of them was my cabin mate from Timothy School, the other one was a new friend from our cabin pack. And the 3rd one was a counselor from a different cabin pack. The sand was white as Florida sand! (Editor Note: No she has never been to Florida… must have heard about the white sand from Grandma) Pretty cool eh?! And it had seashells, tiny little ones (like Florida). Also, the water was really wavy that day; I had to wear a life jacket there. I also went all the way to the buoy line, it was very far, and I couldn’t even touch the ground! But, I’m glad I had a counselor with me. I had lunch and supper at Wasaga beach, pretty cool! Never had lunch and supper at a beach before! The cooks had to come too, they made all the food before we left (they made a great team, don’t you think!). For lunch we had buns with all sorts of meat and some other things too. For dinner we had hamburgers with watermelon for dessert and also some juice (we usually don’t have juice for dinner, it was usually milk, so this was a treat!).
The last day I cried in Chapel because I didn’t want to leave. I wanted to stay for a whole other week! My counselors were proud of that! But to make me happy, one of them gave me heart shoe laces and also a bracelet and a sheet of paper with a heart sticker on it. I was cheered up after that! Then we went home on a very long ride. I had lots of fun because I had two friends in the car from camp with me. One gave me backrubs and drew pictures on my back. She also told stories and drew pictures about the stories on my back too! When we almost home at my house, I got carsick. The driver pulled over for me, I felt much better after getting sick!
Me and "Zizzle"
Do you think you want to go to Campfire! for a whole week like me? Doesn’t it sound like I had fun? I would recommend anyone to go to Campfire! :)
3 comments:
Aw, that was cute. Good job Esther. I would love to go to camp for a week!
Glad you had a good time Esther.Also glad that you are safe home again. Thanks for telling your story and the nice pictures with it.oma
Good writing Esther... sounds like you've had tonnes of fun for the last week... i hope i will have as much fun as you did!!
Aunt Danielle
Post a Comment