Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Silly Squirrel, Seeds are for Birds!

I love our backyard. Not only for the lovely plants the previous owners left behind, or for the great veggie garden, or for the size of it (for being in the middle of the city!) - I especially love it for the birds and other animals that venture thru it on a daily basis.

Alvar put the bird feeder up the other day and boy, it sure doesn't take long for the birds to come flocking in! (the picture here doesn't do the amount of birds justice!)

But, like I said, there are other animals that wonder thru regularly as well. Take this squirrel for instance. Apparently just loving the easy meal (beats digging thru my gardens to find the peanuts he hid there last year! I really do find peanuts everywhere, it's a wonder I don't have peanut plants growing in my gardens too!)

I tried to get a good shot of him, and wanted to get a video of how he actually got up there (the pole is a few feet high, and fairly thin as well). But, I could only get him leaving the feeder. I have to say, the first time I saw him do it (but didn't catch it on video) he did way better, but the video will give you an idea of him trying to spread his "wings" and fly (might be more of a "panic" situation for him, imagine a giant lady coming towards you with a camera in her hand! I'd do whatever possible to get out of there quick too!).

No comments: