Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thank You!

I love getting the mail.

Call me a cheap date - but seriously, I love receiving anything in the mail - whatever...even bills (even though I don't want to pay them!) - it just makes me feel important and makes my day ;)
So, when I checked the mail today, I was pretty excited.
Was it a parcel?
Nope.
How about a letter from an old friend?
Nope.
Maybe an early Christmas card??
Nope (um that would be a tad early).
It was shoes.

Sandals to be precise. Sandals for kids - and they will fit Sara by next summer I hope because they are super cute.

So thank you to whom ever dropped them into our mail box (I really don't have a clue!). It was a nice surprise to come home to today - and I look forward to using the sandals sometime in the future!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Wow ... didn't know it was so simple to make your day! :)

Apparently you don't remember those sandals ... or that you lent them to me. They have been sitting on my dresser for ages and ages reminding me to bring them back to you ... I finally remembered today.

Glad to hear Sara will still get some use out of them. Was hoping I wouldn't be too late.

L.V. said...

Hey Steph ;) Maybe my memory is just really bad...but I don't actually remember these sandals at all! Did they maybe come from someone else? If you can't remember who...I'm sure I can make use out of them ;) but I'll return them if you remember borrowing them from somebody else (there's an "L.S" initial on the tag...)!

Steph said...

Haha, that's hilarious. Guess you did get a nice present in the mail! :)

That's what happens when I borrow things from too many people. I didn't even realize that I put initials on them since usually shoes do not have anywhere to label. I remember borrowing a pair of brown sandals from you when I was having trouble finding anything that would fit Matthew's fat feet ...guess I returned those to you already and got these ones mixed up with the ones I borrowed from you.

Well, I do not need to return these sandals to the original owner, so that means you now have a pair of sandals for Sara. Enjoy! :)

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about the mail, I feel like a bit of a nerd sometimes! By the way, I LOVE your mailbox, what a great idea! You never have to go out in the rain or snow to get the mail! We have one of those milk boxes as well...maybe we'll have to do some rearranging :)