Saturday, February 12, 2011

Crayons

 I've been saving broken crayons for many years now
 Waiting till today to actually put them to use again
The kids spent yesterday and today taking off the papers and breaking the crayons in smaller pieces 
 Then separating them into their desired muffin cup concoctions
 Patiently waiting as the crayons melted down
 Into a soupy tie-dye liquid
 Then into the freezer to solidify
 And presto!!
 New crayons to colour with
Wild and crazy combinations of colourful fun!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Do they work like regular crayons do? That's such a great idea. I always end up throwing out the broken pieces. What do you do with the paper cup lining?

L.V. said...

Hi Laura...in the end the new crayon worked best colouring from the "bottom up"...some wax residue prevents proper colouring from the top...and I would double line the muffin tins...I found the wax seeped thru a bit (maybe use tin cups instead?) - the paper lining pulled away very easily from the crayons (didn't make a mess at all!)