Thursday, July 21, 2011

Trying to Beat the Heat!

As we go day by day thru this heat wave the kids have been enjoying some water time in the backyard.  Yesterday they were outside from 10am till 4:30pm, and today again from 10am till 3:30pm - they have definitely made good use of the pool!
 Lots of splashn'
 Sometimes observing
 Hmm....yes, I was too lazy to go upstairs and get the swimmer for Sara - therefore the "big butt diaper" full of water...she was walking funny by the end of the morning ;)
 I had a good chuckle when I saw the kids in the kiddie pool.  After Sara went to bed I told them it was a free for all (they weren't allowed in when Sara was awake).  I didn't think they'd ALL actually cram in there!  I guess the water was quite a bit warmer then their bigger pool!
 Sara and Caidence playing together
 Sara really enjoyed the water today - I think that she'll be a water rat soon enough...
 I spoke too soon...she IS a water rat already!  She was just lounging in the pool today - loving the water!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

That second last photo - the close up of Sara - shows an amazing mix of looks all three of the other kids. so flippin cute

Laura said...

Ha ha ha, love the "big butt diaper"!