Monday, February 27, 2012

Class Trip

Today I went with Anna on a class trip to the Royal Botanical Gardens.  We had a beautiful day to go, sun was in the forecast and the temperatures were to go up to 5 degrees!  Perfect day to be out exploring God's creation!
The trip began in the nature centre where the kids were able to make a treat for the deer.  Apples and fruit loops! 
 After making them, they brought them outside to hang on the tree.
 Anna wanted a branch all to herself :)
 The guide assured us that by morning there would only be pipe cleaners left on the branches.
 Did I mention it was a beautiful day?  The sun was just awesome!
 Later in the morning we headed into the woods to feed the chickadees (the idea was to be very still and call out "chickadee-dee-dee".  How hard for a group of almost 30 five year olds to do this!  And how cute to watch when a chickadee actually appeared they all flock to that one area - scaring anything within a 2 mile radius!).
 One of the moms actually managed to have a bird land in her hand!  And after that there was only one lucky girl from Anna's class that also managed to feed a bird - other than that, I think the birds were out enjoying the sunshine in another part of the woods that day.
Here is the class (actually 2 kindergarten classes, there are close to 45 kids in Anna's age group in our school this year) - Anna would be the one smack-dab in the middle with her hat pretty much covering her eyes!
We had a great morning together - this being my first class trip - I've tried a couple times before with both Esther and Caleb but managed to either get sick or to be too late in signing up.
I'm glad I could finally make it out to one!

No comments: