Thursday, February 2, 2012

Deal of the Day

I love groupon, wagjag, dealfind and other "deal" companies that have surfaced over the past year or two.  It's been GREAT to get deals on outings that we might not have taken advantage of otherwise (having a family of 6 proves to be expensive when going out!).
So I suppose it was about time that I messed up on a deal...we've bought many, and so far haven't had any troubles at all.
I found this one about 2 months ago - I thought it would be a lot of fun to visit an indoor aquarium (especially during the winter months) - apparently there would be opportunities to feed the seals and penguins there too - how fun!  Well, I guess the un-fun part of it would be the fact that we'd need to cross the border every time to see this place.  Yup, I bought a groupon for New York without knowing it!  I found out that it wasn't for Niagara, Canada - but on the other side.  So, we'd endure long border crossings each time with the kids (I hate border crossing to begin with...so to do this several times was not something I was looking forward to!) - and plus our passports expire in 6 months...and I don't think an Aquarium is enough to justify renewing them.
Thankfully Groupon is VERY accomodating - and there was no problem in refunding due to the circumstances (good customer service!!!).
Next time I buy a deal of some sort I will be doing way more "fine print reading" to make sure I don't make the same mistake twice!

No comments: